Torque Limiting Clutchesprotect your plant and transmission from expensive overload
Brunel Torque Limiters eliminate the problems associated with slow reaction electrical overload devices, shear pins which give a wide release torque variation, or slip clutches which may rapidly overheat.
Brunel products can save you money – the initial cost is frequently more than covered by the saving in down-time even on the first overload.
- Protect plant and transmission against overload
- Full bi-directional operation in any plane
- All metal, totally-enclosed construction
- Virtually no maintenance
- Provide years of trouble-free service
- Low Initial cost
Type JA: Conveyors, machine tools, wood-working and paper machinery, pumps, textile machinery, test rigs, packaging machinery, quarrying plant, Post Office machinery, extruders, automatic furnaces and ovens.
Type JB & JC: Conveyors, bakery equipment, indexing drives, packaging, bottling and labelling machines, printing presses and special-purpose machines.
Power Take-Off Protection
Type JFV: Vane, lobe, screw and centrifugal pumps. Vane and lobe blowers, please contact Brunel Corporation for further details.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF TORQUE LIMITERS FROM BRUNEL CORPORATION
- Protects Against Loss of Production, Expensive Downtime and Repair of Equipment
- Quick and Easy Reset-Minimal Downtime after an overload event
- No Spare Parts or Special Equipment Required to Reset-minimizes downtime for resetting
- Very Accurate and Repeatable Torque Setting – Quick Reset and Run
- Tamperproof Torque Setting – No Unauthorized Torque Adjustment in the Field
- Manual Disconnect Option – Disconnect Drive from Driven System
- Manual Reset – Realign Driver and Driven Half of Torque Limiter and Reset
- Automatic Reset – Remove Jam and Jog Drive System
- Virtually No Maintenance Required
- All Metal Totally Enclosed Construction
- Special Metals Available
- Special Paint and Coatings Available
- Complete Engineering and Manufacturing Capabilities
Bores and Keyways
Standard bores and keyways are manufactured to H8 and Js9 tolerances to BS4500: 1969, both in Metric and Imperial dimensions.
During assembly all units are packed with a 3% Molybdenum Disulphide (MoS2) grease BP Energrease L21 M. Because of their unique fully enclosed design all units need only be stripped and re-packed with grease every two years. However, under extremely adverse conditions of environment and duty please consult Brunel Corporation.
Running in Oil
All Brunel units can be run in oil if required without affecting performance.